Braised Beef ala Chowking


i super love Chowking's Braised Beef!

but i find their braised beef servings not enough
for the rice that is included on their meal.
so i decided to look for it's recipe & cook one for myself
so i can fully enjoy eating it as much as i want!

.. now here's my home made version of
Chowking's Braised Beef



1/4 kilo beef brisket
3 cups water + 1/4 cup for the cornstarch
2 tbsp. Kikkoman Soy Sauce
2 tbsp. Soy Sauce
2 Star Anise
1 medium onion, chopped
1 tsp. sugar
1 medium carrot, cut into chunks
1 tsp. cornstarch
ground pepper
spring onions

In a large pot, combine the beef, onion,
kikkoman soy sauce,
sugar, pepper, star anise & water.
Boil until beef is tender.

Add the carrots,
simmer for 2-3 minutes

Dilute cornstarch in a 1/4 cup of water
then add to the beef & stir well
to thicken the sauce.

Garnish with spring onions

It's done!

Best serve with hot rice!
Happy Cooking!

Enjoy! ^_^

4 comments:

  1. I tried your recipe and I was so happy with the result. I never thought it was that easy. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. : that's great! my pLeasure sharing, thank you jeLine! ^_^

      Delete
  2. I tried this too, and its so good. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing! It was so easy to make and so tasty!

    ReplyDelete